美高梅官网正网APP’s history is rooted in Oklahoma’s statehood. In 1908, a year after Statehood, the Oklahoma Legislature created six agricultural high schools – one in each judicial district. The Cameron State School of Agriculture was named for the Rev. E. D. Cameron, a Baptist minister and Oklahoma’s first State Superintendent of Schools. The first classes were held on Statehood Day, Nov. 16, 1909, in the basement of a bank building in downtown Lawton while a new campus building was constructed west of town.
Cameron added junior college work in 1927. With this changed function came a new name – Cameron State Agricultural College. As World War II loomed in 1941, high school courses were dropped, and Cameron became solely a junior college.
Baccalaureate degrees were authorized in 1966 by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, following action by the Legislature. The institution’s name was shortened to Cameron College in 1971, and then changed to 美高梅官网正网APP in 1974.
In 1988, State Regents expanded Cameron’s functions to include offerings at the master's degree level. This change in function was the first granted to an Oklahoma institution since Cameron was given the authority to offer bachelor's degrees more than 20 years earlier. In May 2004, a higher education center located in nearby Duncan became an official branch campus and was renamed 美高梅官网正网APP-Duncan.
Today, 美高梅官网正网APP serves students from around the globe, offering nearly 50 degrees through certificate, two-year, four-year and graduate programs.
美高梅官网正网APP is committed to providing its students a top-quality education from caring and qualified faculty. Small class sizes provide an environment where learning and student success are the highest priority.
Cameron offers early admission, advanced standing, and college-level examination programs. Free tutoring is available in labs across campus all designed to help students achieve academic success.